1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Blizzard Dealers here????

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Up North, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I need to get an Airfoil for my 760LT. My local dealer quoted me $85 a couple months ago and when I checked back with him a couple weeks ago he now wants $105 plus tax & shipping. I think Jon Geer quoted me $85 a while back and he was going to double check but hasn't gotten back to me.

Anyone else want to give me a price? I'm ready to order. Thanks!

Buck

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Are you talking about the piece that goes on top of the blade to direct air down toward the grill? I thought about getting one, until I plowed a big lot in last weeks big storm and saw how much snow comes over the top when you get to the banking. An airfoil way out there would either get busted or packed full of snow. I think I'm going to fab something to go on my light tower to direct the air down.

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah that's what I'm looking for. It's made out of steel so don't think it'll break very easily, and I don't have a problem with knocking out some packed snow. I just need something that'll help cool the truck while in transport.

Buck

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

anyone?

Buck

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Buck,

Call Bob @ Kubota of West Michigan and have him ship you one right out. He should take care of you. Tell him I sent you. (616)877-0800.

Thanks,

Jon

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Upnorth... have you thought about updating the truck so it does not overheat... the air foil in my opinion will just be a band-aid fix... What year is that Chevy??? Does it have the snow-plow-prep package??? If not you should be able to go to the Chevy dealer and buy the clutch fan for the snow-plow-rep equipped trucks...

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Frozen, it's a 2000 and no it didn't have the snow plow prep. Not sure if you can even get it on a 1/2 ton. But anyway I have the original stickers from the window and nothing states "plow prep". Could I still get the clutch fan upgraded even without the prep package? If so what kind of cost are we looking at? Airfoil will run me under a $100 and as long as it works and keeps air directed into my grill I should be fine...right? Not a mechanic by any means, but I know it's not good for my temp to keep rising during transport.

Jon, thanks for the info, I'll give him a call.

Buck

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

GM has always had the snow plow prep package available for 1/2tons. A quick way to find out if yours has it look in the glove box. there is a sticker with a bunch of codes. Look for VYU... that is gm's snow plow prep code.

If your dealer has a good parts department they should be able to get you the proper fan clutch. They really are not tough to change out... just a few bolts...

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I'll check those codes out next time I run out to the truck. Our parts dept at the local dealer is so-so, not horrible but haven't been real impressed either. What kind of $$ would you guess for the clutch fan?

Buck

10. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Upnorth... cannot imagine it is that much... I had mine changed un warrenty as my truck has the VYU... but of course GM was putting the incorrect ones in...it still happens actually...

Can't hurt to find out...

11. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thanks for the info Frozen, I'll look into it.

Buck

12. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Jon, talked to your dad today...:) Ordered up the airfoil from him. If you ask him, he'll know me by Randy. Thanks Jon.

Buck

13. snowa

snowa Junior Member

Petes Snowplow Sales ; Hibbing,Mn. Blizzard & Snoway dealer. call, 218-262-4060

14. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Buck,

Did you install the airfoil yet?? And, did you ever look into the clutch fan? What was the price?? I have a 99 Tahoe (old body style) and I was going to do one or the other because it runs a little hotter than I'd like to see.

15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

PlowVA, yeah I installed the Airfoil. It seems to work okay, it did heat up on me the last time I was out but I just lowered the plow some and then I was good to go. The real test will be a full route of plowing, IF we ever get any snow...:angry:

Snowa, thanks for the info. I ended up ordering it from Jon Geer's dad out in Michigan about a month ago. But now at least now I have another dealer I can check out, thanks.

Buck

16. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

buck, there is a blizzard dealer in grand rapids ,on the far east end of town on the left, he doesnt have alot on hand,, yeah im hogging all that snow down here,, ha the ones the weather man keeps talkin bout ha:rolleyes:

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Those weather guys need to stop flapping their gums and start producing some snow!!:nod:

Thanks for the info. My dealer here treats me pretty good but for whatever reason they thought they needed quite a bit more for the dang airfoil...got around that though.:)

Buck