1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any antirust ideas for my new Bobcat?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Italiano67, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Does anyone have any ideas on a soltion that I could apply to my new Bobcat. I just traded my S185 Bobcat in a nd the only complaint was that it was getting rusty in and out. I know that washing it often would help but that is impossible when its to cold and when it is warm thats when the salt does it job on my machine.I hate to see my new machine get rusty before its time! Help!! :waving:
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I use CorrosionX on my salt spreader. It is made for marine and aircraft application's where there is alot of corrosion. Its not cheap at about $17.00 a can, you can buy it at a marine store,they will sell you the red can. At the airports you need to find a full service Fix Based Operator that sells pilot supplies and they sell it in the blue can. I think the web site is corrosionx.com. This is the only thing I use anymore,great product. I just went to their web site and saw a product called CorrosionX HD,looks like that's what you are looking for.

Good luck Mike