1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any advice for Commercial Ins in RI?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RIRAM2500HD, Oct 29, 2015.

1. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Looking for Insurance recommendations in the RI area?

2. subydude

subydude Junior Member
    from RI

When i started plowing two years ago i tried all the large ins companies and they all denied me, Including the company who insured the truck and two other vehicles for me. Could have been my age but who knows. I found a great local guy who took care of me. Pm me if you'd like to know the name. I always feel funny throwing names out on public forums

3. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

All insurance companies want your business until you tell them that you do commercial snow removal, then they want nothing to do with you and treat you like you have ebola or something. When I first started out getting a GL policy to cover snow was cheap and no big deal, now it is extremely expensive and almost impossible to get. Something has to give sooner then later, plowing prices seem to keep going down and insurance prices are skyrocketing higher, it wont be long before this business is not worth being in. Or there will be a ton of commercial guys trying to get into the residential market.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I sent you a PM in response to your original PM. Hope it works out.