1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any 7.3 Powerstroke Guys?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FordFisherman, Feb 9, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

My 96 F350 has a small coolant leak approximately front and center of the motor. I'm thinking water pump? Anyone have any insight?

2. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

your correct

3. FordFisherman

from 06611

Tough to actually pinpoint the leak. Have you seen this before?

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

There is also a pipe that runs from the water pump to the hose that can crack, I know out 1995 7.3 had that replaced as well along with the water pump a few years back

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

Whats a water pump job usually run? Any idea?

6. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

My '97 cost $551 to have the water pump replaced. Mine had the more expensive water pump of the two available.

7. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I highly recommend Northern Auto Parts if you need to replace the waterpump. They carry Airtex which is used by the big three, and it comes with a lifetime warranty, and it's new, not rebuilt. I get a lot of my F350 stuff from them, and I'm in tymusic

Here is a link so you can look up your year and model:

http://www.northernautoparts.com/airtexwater.cfm?

8. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks for the info- just dropped the truck off for service. Leak was getting worse; 99% sure its the pump.