1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any 2008 F250 diesel Crew Cabs with Wideout out there?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RGATES, Jul 31, 2008.

RGATES Member

Does anyone have an F250 CC long bed diesel with a Western Wideout? Western does not recomend this plow for the truck.

If so, how does the Truck handle it?

Did you add air bags on the front to assist?

Have you had any problems?

I am considering putting one on my 2008 f250 CC diesel.

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

put a set of timbrens up front and youll be fine.,.. what front end cap. do you have?

RGATES Member

I take delivery of the truck on Tuesday. I do not know the front axle capacity, I know it is the heaviest F250, 10,000 GVWR. I believe it will have a 6000lb front on it. I have Timbrens on my other truck. They work fine. I am thinking about the Firestone air bags for the front on this one. I am deciding between the wideout and the blizard 810 or side wing. I have read all of the posts in regards to these particular plows and have became even more confused.

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Yep, it will have the 6000 axle, and according to the plow prep from Ford, they are "computer selected", not sure what GVWR you'll have. Check it out when you get it.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You can mount it. But western just tries to cover their butts by telling you that you can't. My F-250 diesel doesn't have the plow prep, yet my wideout works just fine, with some timberns.
  6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I have a 9' boss, no problems. Add ballast, it'll drive better and forget the timbrens....