1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anti Theft Lock for Power V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MonsterGravy, Dec 26, 2011.

1. MonsterGravy

MonsterGravy Junior Member

Hi Guys,
    I don't live in a high crime area, but I don't want to leave my $6K plow outside w/o a lock. Any suggestions?
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Put single padlocks through the holes where the pins slide into or a cable type lock. No way possible to hook up to it then, unless they cut the locks......lol
  3. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

Earthscapes hit it on the head. I too do exactly what he has described with the padlock and so far good success with not losing the plow (knocking on wood). On the RT2 style I had welded a loop on so that the pin could be in the closed (as it would be to hold it to the truck) and then locked it shut. Also try to keep it out of site from the street if at all possible, if they cannot see it then less chance they will even think about stealing it.
  4. MonsterGravy

MonsterGravy Junior Member

Thanks . I'll give it a try.