1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anti-Lock Brake Light Came On

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mojob, Dec 21, 2006.

1. mojob

mojob Member

I've got a '98 GMC K3500 and last night while plowing deep snow, my anti-lock brake light came on. It came on when I was stacking snow, so I'm guessing I got snow packed into a wheel sensor. Is this possible? The light went out after I drove through the parking lot. I was just wondering if this is common or if I have a problem.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It doesnt sound like you have a problem. It is a good possibility that a bunch of snow got stuffed in there. My 94 GMC 2500 had the same thing happen. But it still would not hurt to check it out. I may be wrong though

3. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Member

If rust or other metallic debris gets pushed near the sensor it can cause the light to come on. If it doesn't come back, you're probably fine. One thing to watch out for (it happened on my 99 K3500) is the hub bearing. My bearing went bad to the point that the hub started to rub on the sensor. It eventually got to the point that the light was on all the time. New hub and sensor fixed the problem.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

those lights come on all the time plowing no big deal if they go off after the storm if they stay on get it checked out

5. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

Yes Houston We Have A Problem

See the other post regarding ABS SENSORS. Your about a month or less from driving into something, PULL THE FUSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you have the money $1k get it fixed otherwise live without the headache and don't bother trying to get ahold of GM regarding it cause they don't care.

Here is the link to the Thread
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40847