1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anti-Icing spray rig?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NCL, Sep 27, 2004.

1. NCL

NCL Junior Member

Can you spray anti-icing products out of a turf spray tank like Lesco brand?? If you can, what are some good products to use?? Thanks.

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Generally speaking, yes. I have an ag spray unit that I use for mag chloride. I put a raindrop type spray head on each nozzle, and pull the pressure down to 25 psi from about 50psi. Most mag solutions are thicker than ag spray, so you compensate by using a little bigger head. If you are starting from scratch, then a regular custom for mag system is only a little more expensive. If you have an ag unit, use it. If you are buying new, but a mag unit. email me for suggestions if you like. Here is the business end of my ag unit. You can use Caliber M1000, or Meltdown 100 or probably Magic liquid.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004