1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anti freeze shortage?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kandklandscape0, Nov 11, 2007.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

Went to the local parts store, Advanced auto, they told me buy as much anti freeze as possible before dec 15 because they will be putting a hold on it due to shortages of the product. Has anyone heard of this yet? I see them doing this with gasoline soon to.

Times are just getting tougher and tougher everyday, all of us need to just not go to work for one hole week and all of this would be over, the gov. would hate all of us but we need to do it! Im sure alot of you think I am stupid for saying this, but alot of americans are saying just this.

However sorry to get off track from orig, post, anyone hear of the anti freeze shortage? why would they have a shortage when the season has JUST started? Cold season that is.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

its all a scam to hopefully dupe enough people into frenzy so they can jack the price by 30%. everyday is getting worse and worse for us in the good ole u s of a

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

my folks at shmucks think that is nonsense

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There should be twice as much now. See how they're selling pre-mix ,half of it water now but the price keeps going up.

5. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

ha pre mix what a joke. Thats how they get ya. charge you top dollar for water

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Yeah i heard about this...they said windshield washer fluid is next, they recommend substituting it with a water and kosher salt solution :dizzy:
    [​IMG]

7. grandview

I don't think you can use it after sundown!

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

See you heard it too, at night you have to switch over to vodka

9. daplowman

daplowman Member

Sounds like a job for Mythbusters.lol

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes it was reported on the Pee Wee Herman Business Report that on 12/15 the government will limit the sale of all forms of anti-freeze in an attempt to slow global warning. " the use of Ethyl glycol to inhibit freezing is one of the major contributors to global warming exceeding the effect of all the hot air in Washington D.C." reported the bow tied commentator. Faced with either restricting the number of nubile young female interns or banning the sale of anti-freeze, congress voted for restricting the sale of Ethyl Glycol. "remember the little red dress" was the cry heard across the capital. Pundits feel this is a perfect example of how the American public are not the only ones getting fu^%ed

In other late breaking news the Sponge Bob's federal watchdog site reports
    starting 12/1 the government will force all snowplow retailers to add a 50% federal tax on snowplows.

THIS MEANS IF YOU"RE BUYING A NEW PLOW DO IT BEFORE 12/1.

hey cann't blame a guy for trying.:jester:

11. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

just wanted to see if anyone has heard this, guess not.

12. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

yes yes i heard it...... the shuttle couldnt get home due to a leak and no antifreeze in space. they said all the sno plowers bought it all up

13. grandview

You have a link?

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sausage or chain?

15. grandview

Either one. As long as it's well done! Throw some gravy and eggs in also and I'll eat it as I'm reading that link you'll give me.:D