1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Answer to backdragging????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 90plow, Oct 30, 2002.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I saw a commercial on a cable tv station tonite for Hiniker plows. It showed the plow in all different scenarios and one was with a garage door and the plow was flipped forward as if it had tripped and dragging the snow backwards with the top of the plow. Anyone know if this is an option? Seems like it would be sensible.
  2. Sndun

Sndun Member

Search for Hiniker C Plow. It's been discussed here in the past.
  3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I did a search but didnt find anything that i would know off hand
  4. Sndun

Sndun Member

5. casey

casey Banned

One of the reasons I gave up plowing res. was every account had to be backdragged.

Trying a backplow/front plow combo this year for some of the longer drives but after looking at that C plow it may have been a better choice.

I've never seen a backplow or a C plow being used by anyone around here so I may start a frenzy once the local contractors see my set-up.

Snowblowers will still be my weapon of choice for the majority of routes.
  6. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Ahhhhhhh....not the snowblower thread again!!!!

Actually just kidding Casey. I have 4 drives this year I will be using a blower on. The Drive is barely long enough for my Dodge and plow.
  7. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

I saw limited action with my C-plow due to lack of snow last year, but I was impressed with its backdragging. You can get within an inch or two of an object and drag the snow away. Saves much cleanup time.
  8. duke

duke Junior Member

9. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I am trying a Snoman Backplow this winter for the frist time . I finished installing it and its ready to rock. It should reallysave lots of time with my deadend/garage door accounts
  10. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Yea get a back plow, Even with the front blade pulling you can not "haul" any snow. After 2-3 feet it will start coming out on both sides. With a back plow you can bring it to the end of the drive and have it stay there.

plow pic 19.jpg