1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anoyher tire?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEXTDAYSIGNS, Nov 16, 2004.

Looking at getting some new tires and wanted to know if anyone is running Kelly AWR tires. I had a pair on a old 1/2 ton and 2 jeeps seemed to do alright. Any input would be great thanks.
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I used to have them on my F250 and they worked very well. Wore a little fast but had great traction in all weather.

Thanks Plow Meister for the info how did the do pushing? What are you running now?
  4. BFGoodrich T/A Traction tires. Awesome 10 ply, smooth ride, excellent wear factor, awesome traction in snow and ice, best I've ever run. :salute:
  5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Tried To Get The New 265/75/16 Bfg Tractions But They Say They Are On National Back Order.
  7. That sucks, I would bet its because winter is almost here. I do believe that most of the HWY depts around here are using them. That's how I was referred to them. They really do have unbelievable traction, wish they were available to you. :(
  8. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I'm using the BFG Comm Traction TA's on our SRW trks and they work great in both deep snow and mud.
    We also have the Nat. B/O, so I got me a set of Uniroyal HD/T's
    They are the same tire as the BFG, Only a diff name, and they cost less. I put them on and they work the same.

I'm also using the Goodyear G171 Unisteel on our dually's and it's by far the best HD traction tire and it's got all steel sidewall construction. With these, I can plow in 2WD, don't need the 4WD unless it gets really icy. Also the tread is really deep.

The Michelin XPS Traction is also a good choice.

I've used the Goodyear G133's but had bad luck with them. The sidewalls kept tearing apart. I think it's the weight of the blade causing it.