1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anothereround of snow comming for CT.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 99SDPSD, Mar 23, 2002.

1. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

The morning news just stated that anothere round of snow is comming to CT. 2-5" to be expected. I had thought winter was over.
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Is that on Monday? I also heard of something for the middle of the week. Temps are cold today. Snow would definatley have accumulated. If it gets warmer though it will take a good storm to leave snow on the roads.

Lots of contractors in my area have already put their equipment away. Because of my wife being due to deliver any within a few weeks I did not take on any jobs other then cleanups for the early spring. This means that I have kept two of my trucks ready for snow and they probably won't get taken off till after mid April. This is when I normally wait to store equipment anyway.
  3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Is that baby going to come out wearing a fireman's hat? J/K
    I wish you all the best with the new baby and hope delivery goes well.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Looks like it might be a mixed bag. i heard 2-5 inches as well, but they said it could change either way if the temperatures flucuate. I wouldnt mind doing some plowing.
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just checked the forecast for this area - possible snow for most of next week. Maybe winter is just getting started? Got in the first full plow event last Thurs since Jan 22nd.:confused:
  6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I am gonna have it taught to run my spreader by next winter as well. Then maybe have it running a mower by the next year. LOL Cheap Labor for me.
  7. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Cleveland got pegged yesterday morning, about 7:30 am rush hour we got 2" to 6"... by 9:30 am. It was great! Only problem, three of my guys were taking the pesticide license exam at 10 am. So we were later finishing our routes than I would have liked. As well, since we had snow the day before that melted off and then refroze (couldn't plow the crusty ice), I had some icy properties. Sold a bunch of additional salt on properties that we don't normally salt since we had 4" of the white gold on top of a layer of ice. Boy did it look nice when we were done. See if we can sell 'em salting for next year.

Love to see more snow if we could! Doubt it though. We'll be back to clean ups again this week.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

:) Congratulations CT & Mrs. CT. Is it your first? Took the pump off the S10 today (its the type where the headgear stays on the truck) I think Staten Island is done for this season. I retire in 10 years. I hope to see a repeat of 1996 in 2012. Later.

P.S. I looked at the other guys Gr Cherokee thread. Wow. Has anybody seen or heard from him?