1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another yamaha plow question

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by FLC2004, Sep 11, 2010.

1. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

:help: So my father basically gave me one of his older quads today that he and his wife dont ride anymore. I figured i'll put a plow on this too then i'll have 2 quads setup for sidewalks. Its a 1998 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 with probably a total of 80 hours on it. Does anyone plow with something as small as a 350? I know it'll never compare to my grizzy 700 but i think it should be ok with the right plow and set of tires. It really is practically a brand new quad , does anyone have any ideas or input for this setup? I bought a 60" plow for my grizzly but keep in mind i dont wanna go that big on a 350.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

It'll do fine if you dont ask it to do the job of your grizzly. Add some weight, go with a little smaller plow, and expect it to do the work of a 350cc quad. I think you'll be surprised how much it will actually do if you're just using it for sidewalks. Sometimes smaller and more manuverable is a blessing. If nothing else, it'll make you a good back up.

3. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

its a little tank, go ahead and hookup to it with your grizz and see for yourself, it was crazy watching what it did to a 660.