1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another XLS and Vx2 question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LR3, Sep 12, 2015.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

The stars indicate push points where I make piles to later push up on the grass. Im in the market this year for my first brand new plow and I'm torn between the Fisher XLS and the 9.5 Fisher VX2. The small rooftops you see along the road are carports so I have to push the snow to the 'stars'. It is a large property and I have a lot of designated areas to push the snow. What is the better of the two for this type of application. It's my biggest property so I prefer to buy the one that suits this type of plowing best. Thanks for any replies to help me decide.

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 12.54.40 PM.jpg

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

xv2 for sure. xv2 can stack very very high in scoop mode. the XLS is more suited for large open lots.

3. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I've seen tons of vids on both. And I like how they both work. Are you saying this from experience? Have you used both. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Ive owned both of their counterparts, two WO's and MVP plus and 2 MVP3. The MVPs are stacking champs. Check my video on utube.

5. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Been watching your vids for some time. I love them. What about the extensions, recommended? I'm putting the new plow on a 2015 dually pickup, should I add weight in the back?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Always counter balance in the back.

Stacking, that's what loaders and skids are for

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  7. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Forgive me for my ignorance but, what do you mean by 'staking'?

8. dieselss

Stacking I mean.

Piling the snow "up"

9. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

10-4. I was thinking of building a box and putting sand bags in it for a counter weight.

10. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I have a XV2 and like said above it can make huge stacks without needing to have heavy equipment on site until well after the storm. I have one photo I will post later from the end of my personal drive, 1 car wide about 50 feet from the street to the end where I stack, my mid season stack was about 3-4 feet above my truck.

11. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Aah, I see what you mean.

12. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Here is the photo from last season.

IMG_20150128_131329754.jpg

13. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You want the XV-2 and the pin on wings to make it 11 feet wide in straight blade position.
    I had piles 12 feet high last winter.

14. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I had piles 13.2 Feet high with my XLS..

15. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I say XLS more control and carries more snow IMO

16. 1olddogtwo

My mvp3 is 11-6... the only advantages you can retract your wings that's the only control.... As far as carrying no way

17. 1olddogtwo

Love them, two years on them already

18. dieselss

If we put wings on ours, we'd carry more so NAH.

19. 1olddogtwo

Are you still mad that I had to plow the entire state of Indiana after the last blizzard cause you and the state use straight blades?

unless it bends in the middle, its a straight blade.

hows mamma and the new little one doing?

20. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Since you have to turn to put the snow. Go with the XLS. The v plow you can't angle in full scoop. I own XLS and Extreme v 9'6. XLS is better when you have to place the snow.