1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another whats it worth thread?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by moose02, Sep 16, 2009.

1. moose02

moose02 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Ok as the title says what do you think its worth??? the only pain is the fenced in area asides from that its fairly open.

The red area is whats to be quoted the blue is fenced in area (blue), total plowed area is just over 83x330

Salt and snow removal from site will be extra

Thanks again to any one that gives there input
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

100 US per plow or maybe 3,000US for the season. I don't like to bid from overhead views.
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Grandview, it's official, your a lowballer. :D

I would charge $150-175 depending on wether you must get the snow out of the fenced area or not.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe in Wisconsin,here ytou bid that price and you'll be sitting there watching someone else plowing it. :nod:

As I said I hate pricing from aerial views :confused:
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's under an acre. How neat does it need to be inside the fenced in area? And what about up near the building? That's going to suck with a pickup. Almost looks like a Skid job to me. If they have a maintenance crew for the corners, maybe the $100. If it needs to be spotless, more.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The idea of pricing over the Internet is ludicrous when you consider the differences in snow accumulation, economic and business conditions, price of living indexes, etc . In heavy snow belt regions plowing is cheaper by the inch then in the limited snow areas where equipment expense has to be recouped on lesser volume/occurance. The only price estimates that are going to be accurate for your geographic area are those from guys right in your own backyard. I wouldn't trust them, expect it to be much higher then realistic if the adviser intends to bid it themselves.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

A 12 pack and a fifth of rum.

Geez basher, such a buzzkill with all those pesky facts and logical reasoning.
  8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

It's about 45 minutes worth of work.
    You figure it out with your rates for your area. (although I agree with the range of the other rates already posted)

simple and fast except for the backdragging of the fenced in area.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707