1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another, Whats it worth Fisher plow????

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MatthewG, Jun 26, 2011.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Complete setup MM2 7.5 with dodge 2500 mounts, wiring, controller.

I offered 1900 cash and they accepted, plan to resell it complete for 2500

Good deal?

fisher7.5.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes if the Buyer has the right year dodge.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

$2,500 will be a good price to the end user come fall time. Right now I wouldn't give much more than a grand-$1,200 if it were me.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know if the mounts fit a 1500, but a 7.5 is a small plow for a 3/4 ton.

5. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

You guys are way off. steel is way up. The prices of these plows are off the wall right now. I can understand all of you thinking about your rates because you havent been plow searching. But look at this link steel doubled in 18 months. They are getting top dollar for used right now. And that plow will be worth 3k in winter. 2500 is a deal now

http://www.steelonthenet.com/commodity_prices.html

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That inculdes cars/trucks, there will be no better time to sell or worse time to buy a new car

7. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey h2o That means your 64 chevelle is worth 10,800 with the Hoosier Tires Since steel is up WOOOOOOW

8. MatthewG

I doubt im gonna pick it up found some other great deals to make my cash go further if somsone wants the info you got it, they are located onthe jersey shore...

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I know that no one will ever win an argument with you, but this is one thing I do for a living. If you are willing to pay that much for similar used plows, come on down and I will sell you as many as you'd like at your above pricing. Used plow sales are based on the time of year, period. I have NEVER seen steel prices affect the sale of a used plow aside form debating scrapping one or not. Even then I'm talking about $50-75 dinosaurs, not $3k plows. A used plow's value is based off of how much money it has potential to make, similar to rental property. I also do a lot of scrap business as well, so I'm sure you know more than I do with that too. I scrap cars on a daily basis.

10. DIRISHMAN

HEY H 2 0
    Do you guys recycle old TROLLS ????? I seen one one craigs list for $1.25 kinda like an old fridge not worth much except the copper wire and everything is worthless?????

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Baaahahahahahahaha!

12. DIRISHMAN

I herd the one with the big mouths are worth even less................AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Obviously you deal in scrap cars. I have seen your last two for sale posts. The cost of steel has driven up the price of new plows. You can no longer get a 7.6 Fisher plow for 4k they are closer to 5k with tax. And thats not installed. Not sure how you run your business. But if if replacement cost is up over 700 from when you bought yours. Your used plow is now worth a few hundred bucks more. Money being made off a used plow has nothing to do with the price of a used plow either. Most people look for condition first then mechanical. And if replacement costs are up, So will used ones. Once again it shines through that you have no idea how retail works. You shoud stick to driving around looking for people that throw away washers and dryers so you can sell them for scrap. Must have had a hell of a time boosting them up into the lifted chevy

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That made absolutely no sense, but so you can leave happy.........you're right.

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hee hee hee ...

16. DIRISHMAN

Hey come on GUYS lets Try to Get 200 plus on this thread as !!!!!!AHHAHAHAHA

HEY does that mean the price of BOSTON Beans is up also ?????????? PRICELESS!!!!!!!

17. MatthewG

Ill contrubute to 200, but all I really want to know is if I should buy this thing or not lol.

18. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

In hopes of 200, I can chime in.....does the saying "Don't go away mad, just go away" resinate here?

19. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

wow what a poopdick get a life

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

LMAO. Can I ask you guys all what you do for a living? Because that way I can tell you how you don't have a clue what you're doing, how I could do it better, and how I would make way more money than any of you at it. Because you know, my useless opinion would be life changing for you.