Snow Plowing Forum banner

Another vote for GM

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GLS 
#1 ·
Have been mulling over which brand and configuration of new truck to get for a while, and have made the decision. The truck's already ordered - 2004 GMC K2500hd LS reg. cab, 8' box. 6.0l gas w/auto, 4x4 on the floor. It's got some extra convenience options as well since I've gone without such luxuries in the past. Plan to mate it to a 8.5' Fischer V and a 8' Fischer Stainless Steel Hopper Spreader.

I was contemplating a Dodge with the 5.7l Hemi but went GM mainly because I've owned GM's in the past and like them, and I'm wary of reliability with Dodge. Another reason is the bed height of the Dodge makes lifting materials over the side of the truck quite difficult for shorter guys. I'm 6'1" but my employees aren't.

My lawn equipment service guy is becoming a Fischer dealer, so I can get dealer cost (he's a friend) for the plow and salter. Plus I've heard many positive things about Fischer on this site.

Anyhow, I'm excited about the new rig and wanted to babble about it, so there you go. Should have it in 9-10wks.

#4 ·
Congrats on your new truck order. I think you will really like it alot. 6.0L gas has plenty of power, probably more than you would ever need. You might want to add a set of Timbrens to front end to help the truck suspension and handling when you have plow on it. I bought a set from John (AOL IM: Garagekeeper49) and the order went through very smoothly. You may have to crank up the torsion bars a few rounds, maybe would be a good idea to get front end realigned then you should be set. Good luck with your future new truck! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.