1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another video (tow truck)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mackman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

A video i shot while i was sitting at a red light. A tow truck towing a oversize. I would hate to see that tow bill lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reatr30A5w0

How come i cant get the youtube video to show up anymore on the thread??

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Works for me.

I don't think I have ever seen a triaxle tractor before.

3. Mackman

from S.E. PA

There are tons of tri/axle tractors in the states that do oversize or heavy load stuff.

Here is another one i shot about 5months ago in philly. Trucks hauling long ass beams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxaxK0LJEeg

Im talking about the video showing up in the thread so you dont have to leave plowsite to see it.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We've had them for years, you just need to look closer. Tacc and Aecon have them as well as some smaller companies. Not sure why they wouldn't have got another tractor to come get the trailer. Must not have another one.

5. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Well he was broke down at that light for like 3hrs. I was riding by it all day. Then on my last load the tow truck was just pulling away. Maybe they just wanted to get him somewhere off the road.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't get out much. You guys that live in the sticks have all the fun stuff.:D

One of my driver's used to drive for Anderson. He told me about all that stuff with steerable dollies and other stuff.

7. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

thats a big load

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

second video looks like the beams for the south street bridge mack..........whatcha ya doin hangin out at PECO?

9. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Them beams were going to the new navy apartment buildings. I was there waiting to pick-up a man lift. :cool:

10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

gotcha :drinkup:

first video 202 ????

11. Mackman

from S.E. PA

close very close. RT1 and 322

12. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 Member
    from KY

as the weed man truck drives by

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

There is a few tiaxle trucks in my area. Mostly used for heavy hauls and low bed trucks. The Pelletiers have a triaxle Western Star that the haul double trailers with.

14. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

i'm sure that was a very hefty bill seeing that robs towed him.

15. jeffslawnservic

jeffslawnservic Member

Not sure if any of you guys from around Philly know of the company JDM there a pretty big construction and materials company but a buddy of mine worked in their yard for a few summers and he was in the chase car alot he has all types of videos of some crazy stuff being hauled and some of the bigger trucks being towed too.

16. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

thats about $300 an hour minimum well that what the local heavy duty company in my area starts at for towing alone

17. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I think there was way too much trailer for the load. Either that or you guys have some goofy bridge laws.

18. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

I was thinking the same thing. That machine prob weighed 50-60 ton?

19. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

It kinda looks like it is on a CAT 320 frame. A 320 is roughly 50,000 lbs. I can't tell if that machine has a drilling head or a pile driver on it. Either way, I don't see it being too much more than 60,000 lbs.

I bet the truck and trailer weighed more than the load he was hauling. He could probably do away with the jeep and the dolly and be just fine.

20. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I just want the horn!!