1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Toy!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Craftybigdog, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

What do you think? Im demoing it and I might buy it I dont know yet. But what an awesome machine, I cant wait to get a Blizzard 8611 on it. Oh yeah guess what we have a dealer close by maybe its time to get rid of some Boss's!

DSCF0215.JPG

DSCF0214.JPG

DSCF0213.JPG

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Need one of those myself!!

Nice Machine!!!!

3. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Nice machine! Did you demo the Caterpillar skid steers? Once you go CAT you never go back:nod:

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

At Least Its A Bobcat Smart Guy You Are. Good Luck If You Get It.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I say get it, very nice looking..:nod:

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Looks like it will make you some big dollars...best of luck with it! :drinkup:

7. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I agree with roblandscape,
    Try the Cat's out. I thought Bobcat was the best until I tried one. No more foot pedals. Everything is controlled with your hands. And they're hydraulic systems are nice too. I have used a Cat 262 from a friend and will be using a Cat 257B tracked skid next week for some lawn installation work. Would you crop the John Deere if you were to buy another skid or have 2?

8. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I've gotta vote for the case's- they are all hand controlled as well. Try the 75 or 95xt's...

Ah, what the heck, just buy what fits you, you can afford, & you can use! LOL

~Matt

9. slade

slade Senior Member

Bobcat has all hand controlled machines also.:)

10. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I have the same machine with full cab enclosure and heat / AC. We use it with a 1yd bucket for doing driveways at condos. Very fast and warm inside.

11. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

that's my dream, to get one of those skidsteers or bobcats and putting a blizzard on it! buy it man, for all the little guys that won't get the opportunity!:salute:

12. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Why put that expensive plow on a machine that goes 12mph. That plow is designed to at speeds much faster than that. The absolute fastest way to move snow on a skidsteer is with a pusher box.

13. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

what's wrong with foot pedals?

Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones who grew up with video games, but to me, it's much more fluid and continuous once you master the foot pedals. Perhaps you old guys just need a little more practice? :p

14. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

In a large parking lot having the ability to windrow is important. Also the pilot controls are so nice, you have better motor skills with your hands.