1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another tire question, but quick

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John P, Dec 17, 2002.

1. John P

John P Junior Member

My '72 Jeep J4000 has some wicked tires on it. The fronts are dunlops and the rears are uniroyal. Both sets have the most agressive tread I've ever seen. The lugs on the edge most likely had a 1.25 or 1.5" depth. They are a heavy load range tire (at least a 6 ply). They are not too loud on the hard road. Unfortunately, they are cracked real bad and all leak real slow (usually a refill twice/winter is needed). The problem is that I think that this is the last year with them. I would really like to get something similar since the truck will never see a paved road again. The truck does snow in winter and firewood in summer. Any thoughts out there? I have no idea what the age of the tires is.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Find a tire outlet and look through their used tires.
  3. John P

John P Junior Member

These Tires

Are directional and have yet leave me stuck. The rubber is very thick. I've run the BF's in the past, but always felt that they wore out too quick.