1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another tip to check, when your plow doesn't work

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LwnmwrMan22, Feb 2, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

We were supposed to get 1-3" last week, Monday I believe.

I had 2 of the plows hooked up, but had to hook up to the third truck.

Anyways, I was just getting over strep throat. My dad (my second plow guy) fell and broke his ankle about 2 1/2 weeks ago now.

I was on the phone most of the day tracking down subs and other guys to run one of my trucks, my mind was fried from being sick.

Anyways, went to lift the light tower up with the switch, no go.

I check the controller, and the light is green. I'd just put it into float. Anyways, I tried to put it in float again, but it would not go. I tried to turn the controller off, but the light would just stay green, even after I turned the controller off.

I started to panic a little now, seeing as I still wasn't feeling the greatest, I really didn't feel like going through a wiring system trying to figure out where the bad wire was.

I checked the big box plug in again for corrosion and tightness. Nothing.

I popped the hood, checked the connections at the solenoid and battery. Looked fine.

I called the plow guy that installed these this fall and asked him where he grounded the harness, so I could check that, figuring it was a bad ground. Nope, that looked fine.

Well.... I was completely scratching my head, wondering wtf, and trying to figure out how I'm going to get this thing 1/2 way on a truck so I can run it to the shop. Again, I didn't care if I had to pay, I just wasn't wanting to worry about it.

I gave everything one more go over, and figured out what the problem was. I had plugged the main power / ground wire from the truck, into the CAP of the power / ground from the plow.

No wonder it didn't work. :cry:

Good thing it didn't snow. I could just imagine the amount of stuff I would have run into / broke.
  2. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

ha, yea its funny what u'll do when your sick (or tired for that matter!) :dizzy:
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hey man your allowed at least i free one cut yourself some slack !