1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another storm on the way

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

2. makplow

makplow Senior Member

So far it looks like it could be heavy mixed snow:(
  3. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Once again, Southern Rhode Island is just outside the snow zone. Man, I hate living on the coast sometimes.....

I envy you inland guys.
  4. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I hear maybe snow to sleet to ice then maybe rain. I rather have it snow or rain, hate that in between crap.
  5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

ct is going to get snow to a fast changover to rain that sucks hope it stay cold .:cry: :(
  6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I think it's the same storm that's going to hit us on wed into thurs. Temp's are going to be around freezing and a lot of wind and snow. Sounds like a big mess. O well, payup payup
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

They're predicting snow in MN from early Wed. morning straight through to Friday afternoon.....

What a headache.....
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks... Is it summer yet? :(

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i agree i dont wanna plow i like making money by not doing any thing.
  10. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

I think i'm gonna take the steel cutting edge off the blade and replace it with a rubber squeegie.....mixed bag of crap for here
  11. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't mind the plowing, it's the constant 2" over 24 hours that sucks, for a period of 3 days, since there's really no time to go and clean everything out.

By the time you do everything at 3pm to get everything opened up, then at 3 am there's nother 1-1 1/2", so you start again, but then at 8 am, there's another 1 - 1 1/2", so you have to do everything again....

Just snow the 6-12" in a day and be over with so I can get my plowing done. :realmad:
  12. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

still not sure in ct only going to be 33 degrees calling for snow and rain
  13. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I watched the news tonight and looks like it will be here around 6:00 tomorrow night. Thursday is going to be a mix bag........... It looks like the storm is headed a little towards the southeast. Hope you guys have fun.:dizzy:
  14. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have lost all respect for weather forecasters!lol When we were supposed to get up to 18" we got at best 2" and when we were supposed to get 1-3" we got over 6" I'm not complaining though, so far since Thanksgiving we have around 30" or so.