1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Stake in the heart of Meyer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kenyou, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I went to the one and only Meyer dealer in my area to get some quick couplers because the SAMI ones leak. I tried a couple web sights and all they show is E58 couplers.

The man on the counter said that they don't handle Meyer any more as Meyer dropped them as they weren't selling enough Meyer plows. They can't even buy Meyer parts from them. With all the trouble that Meyer plows have been having, the guys were only buying Western Plows, although there are still a lot of Meyer plows in the area. Now the Meyer guys have to pack their lunch and drive to another part of the state to get parts or another brand of Plow.

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

NAPA has some quick connects that are similar in design although they are for tractor hydraulics, they work if you change both halves as they are not compatible with the SAM's couplers.

3. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

and is sad when your brand new plow lets you down. im taking my 2yr old ez-plus $4500 pile off my 08 ford next week for a boss v-xt. meyer is a sinking ship. all the "dealers" around here no longer sell new meyer plows but will fix the ones they sold and get you parts

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thanks Dave. I did buy a couple after market couplers (Not SAMI ) from the Meyer shop and now I have to see if they work or not. I will also try NAPA.

When I buy another plow, it sure won't be a Meyer. Of course in my area, the only one left is a Western.

5. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

I don't know if you have a Tractor Supply near you or not. I have an older plow, they had all of the couplers, swivels, and lines I needed. I did buy the hydraulic fluid from Myers, $12 a quart... TSC had a similar oil for $6 a quart.

The Meyer dealer near me seems to be busy and has plenty of parts. Though, he has no prices listed on his display and I don't like that. I have to take each item to him for a price check.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  6. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

tractor supply sells replacement QC's for the e47. Some stock them others you have to order them but you can usually have them overnighted.