1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another software question thread....

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Mattsautobody, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

I see all these software people advertising, and I remember there being a program that did routing, payroll, invoicing, all of the usual stuff but there was one that computed estimates by sq ft and also did salt application estimating etc. anyone use this or something like it?

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Probably a gimmick created by the snow god himself, "Mr." jaa. :dizzy: Unless it was created by someone in YOUR neighborhood, it wouldn't be accurate anyway, as pricing vary greatly from one area to the next.

3. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

by application estimating, it showed how to figure quantities and how heavy to apply, etc

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

There are a few options I've seen out there for this. Go iSnow has a new thing called the proposal builder, also phil harwood of pro motion consulting sells a spreadsheet that does the same thing, probably with a bit more flexibility and customization.

These all work off the data that you input when you set it up. Either of these options will ask you for how many 0-1 inch storms you get, how many 1-3 inch storms you get, etc per year. It will also ask you equipment productivity rates, cost per hour (you have to enter every piece you have), salt application rate, salt cost, etc... Then it calculates your bid automatically from there based on sq footage and service frequency.

5. Stowe

Stowe Member

Software - Estimating

When you do a five acre lot or similar don't you figure your cost for the season of a loader. Do you account for this in Phil Harwood software. I would assume you would have a loader there all season.