1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another snowblower question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ratherbfishin, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

I am in the market for a single stage blower;mainly to make the bosses life easier while I am out plowing.I know the Toros are highly recommended here but I was looking at the Simplicity's today;they look nice and I mostly like the fact they are built here in the states.
    I believe the toros are Chinese???

Does anybody have any reviews/comments/experience with the Simplicity single stage blowers?

2. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

single stage

I got one for the Boss also and my Mom to. They are fantastic because of the weight advantage. I bought toros and I love them. One of them is an electric start and my mom loves it. I think single stage blowers are a pretty simple design. A buddy of mine bought some ariens and they have been good also. I dont think there is a bad one out there. :confused:

3. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I think the same thing. I have 3 Toros now but I am so tempted to get a Craftsman, I'm sure they'd work just as well. I can wear any of them out in 3 years so I may try something else someday but for now 650 for the new 4stroke Toro is a good deal as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to try it out this year they say it is suppoed to have more power.
    Pete

4. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

so many to choose from!I would certainly prefer made in U.S.A. but I would really like to hear actual user experience.

5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Prices look good like $100 less than toro, same basic specs for weight, power intake height and a whole inch wider.

6. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I'd like to go with another brand just because of the dreadfully miserable woman at the counter where I go for Toros. Beyond that they've been flawless.
    Pete

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

The same woman works at SubWay in zip code 21236