1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another slow snow way

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by palmtree907, Dec 28, 2009.

1. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Ok, so I have searched for answers to this to no avail. I have a new Sno way 26 with only about 80 hours of use and i"ve had a few visits back to the dealer for this and for that. Nothing broken, just had things done like adding a wing (which they made too big and now I gotta deal with, but thats a dif story). Anyhoo, they adjusted the speed at which the plow goes down by changing the orifice, but man o man, this thing is slow. Going up, going down, its just plain slow. And when it's cold, it's even worse.
    So, can anyone tell me in detail how to adjust this thing so it goes up fast and im ok with it dropping down. When I'm stacking, i don't have time to sit and wait.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take it back to the dealer and have them change the orifice, it is not adjustable. you could do it yourself if you want to drill the existing one. Open it up to between .080-.097 a number 43 drill bit works well (.093).

Page 12 number 16 in the drawing
  3. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

What type of fluid are you using? Non-Sno-Way fluid may be too viscous when it is cold. I know my ST-90 was real slow when I temporarily used a replacement fluid after breaking off a 90 degree elbow.

4. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

5. D2500

D2500 Junior Member

Try This..........

---http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97101026g.pdf---

URLs (links) with embedded spaces (like between "Parts" and "Manuals" above) are problematic. Just type or copy and paste the URL above into your address bar (without the dashes at each end).

6. mroccab

mroccab Junior Member

Will the orifice size matter on a 22 series?

I also find that my series 22 plow is rather slow at raising and lowering. Will opening up the orifice change the speed of travel in both directions? Angling seems very quick, but the raising and lowering leave a bit to be desired. If drilling out the orifice will increase the speed at which the plow raises, what is a good size to start with? The down pressure plow was installed in December of 2008 if that makes a difference to the parts used.