1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another season about to start

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rewoodworking, Nov 8, 2004.

1. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

yipee another season is about to start and i am ready ,my plow is paid for last year and i have some new accounts .how do you feel about it :redbounce

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

We can all only hope for a good season. :nod: I'm pretty much ready to go. The plow is ready but I need to change the oil in the truck, check all the fluids, rotate tires, and have it detailed. Then I'll ready to rock. :drinkup:

3. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I just did my Mobil One oil change and because my '00 Ram had the original battery still, I had a new heavy duty truck battery put in. My water pump bearings were gone, so I had the pump and the serpentine belt replaced. Now all that's left is to hook up the plow, check the hyd. fluid & hoses, all the bolts, throw some dielectric grease on the electrical connections, and grease the spring pins and it's snow time! :bluebounc
    And, I'm still counting on the Boss' old man, the Farmer's almanac and all the indians to be right about us getting a very snowy winter this year :angel:

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I feel like it has been going on way too long already. I have been plowing for several weeks now. Enough allready... Well you asked :rolleyes: .

5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Sure, just keep rubbing it in while the rest of us have to wait!

6. The Boss

Now keep in mind John that those predictions were for MY area. Don't want ya gettin mad at me if you don't get it. :D

7. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

What was it that Crocodile Dundee used to say...."No worries mate" :drinkup:

8. The Boss

I pray to the snow gods that all of us get a snowy winter. :angel:

9. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I am not sure how to feel about the upcoming season. My plow is paid for from last year, so that is good. However I did move, so for me to go back to where I worked for last year would be an hour drive (a pain to do in the snow and a waste of time). I worked for somebody last year, so its not like I lost my accounts. Now I am trying to get my own accounts or sub for someone in the new area ( which is Fort Lee, NJ if anyone is interested ;) )

I am looking to get from 10 - 15 or more driveways. That would be enough for me, otherwise I think I might sell the plow.
    Any suggestions on how to get new accounts are welcome.
    Thanx

10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I am ready. The only thing I have left to do is is install snow deflectors on each plow. Thank god it finally got cold here. :waving: