1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another rookie wants to know what to buy

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by coral, Dec 7, 2009.

1. coral

coral Senior Member

i hear i need to buy wheelen, i would like at least 4 lights, 2 in front and 2 in back, i have 2 trucks a 2003 standard cab long box 2500 hd chevy, and a crew cab short box 2003 chevy 2500 hd.

what models do i need, how much on average are they, and does anyone have them for sale?>

2. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

2 LIN4's or 3's in the back, 2 in the front. $40-60 each. then get a cheap dual halogen rotater for the roof, bout $85

3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Sounds like a plan for the new guy... It depends on your budget but what SR said sounds good. Don't forget in the future you may want to add something to the side about midship!

4. coral

coral Senior Member

side idea is good, do all sets have the ability to expand?

5. coral

coral Senior Member

i dont want those lin4's i want the bulbs i drill out the headlights and install, 60 or 90 w?

6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

These strobe kits have two extra power outlets if you want to add two more.

LED light heads are usually purchased individually, get the same brand and any number of them can be synced together.

http://www.sirennet.com/90wstrobkitm.html

An alternative to the strobes are Vertex LED hide-a-ways, they are less bright, but require no power pack, and last "forever".
    http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-vertex-hide-a-way-super-led.html

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

If you're set on hideaways buy a 4 corner x 90 watt strobe kit and put all 4 in th rear, they're useless in the front when snowing, drove me crazy the other day so I just shut them off. Then I'd put 2 LEDS in the grille and 2 on the backrack, one on each side of the truck for side coverage.

Personally if I was to do it all over on my truck Id'd buy a whelen led mini light bar and 2-4 led lightheads...

If you need any help talk with George, he's awesome!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

thanks Jarad