1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another question about v-plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Tedd, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Thanks for the replys to my questions. I just was thinking before I buy the HTV plow will I have any problems because the truck is an 1986 chevy one ton with heavy springs which are like a 2-3 inch lift. The mounts are available I just do not know how much adj. is allowed. Thanks again, Tedd

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Tedd,

If everything on the truck is stock it should not be a problem.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You could have a problem. I know with my truck it sits a little too high naturally. I have had to extend the cutting edge to compensate. You may have issues going down a grade. If the plow drops down before the plane of your truck does, the plow will bottom out and hang in the air until your truck catches up.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Mmmmmmm. The sno-way plow mount under your truck I believe offer 3 or 4 different ride height adjustments. A 2 - 3 inch lift is probably nothing. From what is a stock ride listed for my truck somehow it came from the factory with a 2" taller ride height. Try finding shocks iwth out trial and error! I had no problem with the plow mount through.

5. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

ive had the same on my f350 superduty, with a 2.5" lift and the plow angeled the cutting edge wont sit flat on the ground...

had to do the same thing, extend the edge or otherwise buy a special meyer part for lifted trucks which lowers the mount holes for the plow

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in the process of extending my edge right now. Real basic extension. Bolted the original steel edge on the plow. Drilled new mounting holes on the bottom of the steel edge. Bolt on a u edge to that. I'll pick up 2-3 inches in height. I am going to brace the original steel edge by welding pieces of flat bar to the back of the edge up to the rear of the plow frame. All the extra leverage on the edge may cause things to bend without adding strength.