1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Push Or Plow Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Effinay, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Effinay

Effinay Member

Sort of new here but have been moving snow since "77" with trucks mostly. Pickups, jeeps, and 6 wheel dumps, snowblowers, shovels, you get the idea. I currently maintain my 800' gravel driveway with my '93 Chevy 1 ton dually and have just purchased a mid 80's vintage New Holland LB480 to assist. I'm considering bolting a push frame into the bucket and utilizing a 9' Fisher plow. I don't have the hydraulics at the bucket to operate the power angle (yet) and was going to "fix" it to just push straight ahead. I was figuring to weld a chain from the top corners of the plow and use the hooks on the bucket to hold it in place. Are there other/better methods to do this? Should I consider looking for a pusher? I'd also like to think that this might be a handy size machine to small to moderate parking lots. Being my first machine I could sure use some guidance here.....Thanks

2. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

Well, what kind of shape is your lb480? Hrs, hydrolics, transmission.. those kind of things. If it is in good shape get a pusher with a pull back capabilites. It can be a money maker for you.

3. Effinay

Effinay Member

Lb480

Thanks for your response Buddy. The meter is telling me it has 1920 hrs, powered by an Arrow 4 cyl diesel, hydrostatic drive, everything seems reasonably tight and in working order. Cab needs doors and one of the plexiglas rear windows should be replaced. Four wheel drive, good rubber all around. I've only moved it around the yard and dug a little dirt with it so far. It seems a little oversized at this time but I think it's because I'm not familiar with it. I'm sure in time that will change.

4. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

Sounds ok for an older machine. Now go make some money!