1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another "Pro Wings" Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by millsaps118, Dec 8, 2007.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I'm thinking of getting a set for my V. I was just wondering, for those of you who run 'em, when your wind rowing how does it throw the snow? With the 22 deg.(or what ever it is) angle will they allow the snow to shoot off to the side, or does it throw it forward and off to the side? What about lift? I like to get clipping along and launch as much snow up and over as far as I can get it to go.

2. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

with about 6years+ of plowing snow for myself and many more years of plowing for someone else ive never once been concerned with " launching" the snow. your gonna break something, maybe not the first few times you plow but you will.

as far as the wings go they kinda let you set into the windrow deeper and push more off to the side because the tip pf your wing sits almost straight instead of angled with just the blade. with this set up you get a lot less " spilling " out of the blade on the side you just cleaned.

3. millsaps118

4. millsaps118

bump......

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

The pro wings are great for carring snow. But for wind rowing if you have both on, the wing on the trailing side allows the snow to buildup on the plow and you will find it hampers you in deeper stuff over 8 or 10 inches. This will be even more of a problem with a V plow because of the center hinge.

6. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

it does hamper it a little, but you can always take the trailing side wing off & have best of both worlds. I have a Boss V plow with pro wings, so I have the worst of both worlds when it comes to windrowing :cry: