1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another "plowing w/2wd ?", please

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mitchell12, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Mitchell12

Mitchell12 Junior Member

Hi folks,
    As may become obvious, I am new to the site.... so, thanks, in advance, for your indulgence. I am looking to put a plow on my 1986 F-350, 2wd, set up as a 1 ton dump.
    Currently, I have a Fisher sander in the bed,, the truck is, actually better and "beefier" than when I bought it new. I read a response in a thread by a member, "B&B", who stated he plowed with the same rig and I know it is common, HOWEVER, I cannot find anyone to explain how to fabricate or modify a system to work. It is my understanding that Fisher did make a conventional kit (AL 269) which is no longer available.. I have been told that a close match would be the kits 7126 or 7131 (without the rails). Would anyone have some very specific advice as to what I should do (NO..I am not going to sell my AWESOME old girl or go 4wd, etc., lol). Also, is it possible to, directly meassage a member and if so, how? I tried to message B&B, best I could do was ask him to be kind enough to add me as a "friend"...sorry, if that is improper B&B. You people seem to be kind, generous and VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, Thanks for any advice/info., Wishing you all the best, Mitch

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You need 10 posts to be able to send a private message.
    B&B is a great guy and I am sure he will read this and respond.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

B&B is my BFF, he lives in Coral Gables just north of me, so I'm not sure if he\she will be able to help much. He\she just pretends well.

What are you trying to modify?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't listen to Mark....He's just a 15 year old girl on the beach in southern Florida. And B&B is MY BFF.

Do you have a plow already, or do you need everything? I'm not an expert (that's what B&B is here for), but I would think a Boss pushbeam would be one of the easiest to fab up some brackets for.

Keep checking in, there's plenty of us who think we know everything, and couple that actually do know quite a bit.

Also - welcome aboard!