1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Plowing Season Over

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MIAWPUKEK, Mar 16, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Well, another winter is soon coming to an end. I guess it's time to say good bye and see you all again next year. Great chatting with you all and thanks for answering any & all the questions I had during the plowing season. Have a great summer everybody!! :drinkup:

Danny McDonald (Summit)

2. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm saying goodbye to winter also. Took the plow off today, and shoveled out all the sand I had in there for ballast. 6 weeks and I'll be cutting grass.

3. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I am still giving Mother Nature one more chance. One more week and I'll put my plow away. Have a great summer.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Am I missing something? It's mid march...and it does snow around here in April too and we even some snow in may!! I have 3ft snow banks on both sides of the drive way. I couldn't put the plow away if i wanted to, I know it's been a long season for some of you but I think your pushing the season a little to early.. :drinkup:
    I guess some of you can't wait to break a sweat standing still this summer..:cry:

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Don't worry SnoFarmer, you know we'll get at least 2 or 3 more blasts up here. Tomorrow will bring a few inches possibly, then more on Friday. And like you say...more will follow in April. I'm looking forward to getting out of these cold temps for a bit, but still wouldn't mind getting a couple more pushes in.

Buck

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thanks Buck,! I need to hear that.. :drinkup:

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

We still have quite a bit of snow cover and piles everywhere. Were getting into the lower 40's for the forseable future with 20's at night. I think its going to be another 2-3 weeks or more before we completely loose the snowbanks that are everywhere. I don't expect to plow again this year, but would not even think about putting the plows away until mid April, just in case. I too am redy for spring, its been months since I have seen my lawn. Iam happy we had a good snow season, I won't be mad if we get more snow but iam not exactly hoping for it at this point.

8. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Still a bit more left. Don't put those plows away yet.

:angel: Amen to the few more storms. After april 15th well thats enough for this yr and take the plow off. Until another winter season is upon us.Which will be sooner than we all think.

9. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Plows have been taken off and washed .. the sanders are staying on for a while ive made that mistake before :nono:

10. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

Here there is about as much grass showing as there is snow, but there have hardly been any plowable events this winter. Compared to last winter around this time, when we were constantly getting hammered. It is snowing now, but like only an inch at the most, and not worth plowing. Downstate has been getting a lot compared to us. Ive got one 3 ft snowbank but thats just where Ive pushed most of it to. But it is common for it to keep this up, sometimes theres still snow coming out of the sky in May.

11. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Hey Buck...

Remember, it's high school basketball tourney time. Which typically means a bit of the white stuff. Sounds like something is gearing up out west of us someplace. I'm getting out of the biz so this is my last season. Going out with a whimper is fine... However, going out with a bang is all the better.. payup This season is far from done. It ain't over til' the Exmark sings....

This site has been a wealth of information for me and my business. My thanks goes out to each and every member!! :salute:

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Winter may be soon over I fear, but spring means summers version of plowing starts,mowing! I wish everyone would stop by at least once a week and read and add something to this forum. I feel so alone in the summer when all of you are not here.

13. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

season's not over

Hey mic I will still will be here for ya... Its just a dry spell till the next snow and i get time to work on my next project and it's another bronco II go figure.1 bronco 100 bucks 1 plow 800 bucks = lots of work Been out looking for the end of season sales :waving: :waving:

14. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

The best part of living in New England is the changing seasons. I'll be putting away the plow in a few weeks and getting the boat ready for the local spring trout stocking. My brother and I are driving up to the Miramichi river in May so there's a lot of good times to look forward to in the coming months.

Thanks to everyone here for all the good advice and the entertaining posts. I Hope you all have a nice break between plowing seasons. :drinkup: :salute:

15. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's BEEN over here. I'm ready to get going on my other project. Maybe plowsite will calm down now too, not sure if I'll be back next year.

16. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Winter was over at the end of Jan here. I'm pretreating beds for weeds and fertilizing at this stage. Plow's been off for weeks, I'll take the salt shakers off this weekend, and the 1st of April, the lift tube will come off the truck. Maybe next year will prove to be better, who knows?

17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

speak for yourself i remeber big storms in march and april

18. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yea, about 12 years ago, we had about 6 inches around the 10th of April, but it's not going to happen this year here. maybe where you are, but not at my location.

19. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Pushed a couple of inches this morning and its still coming down. We should get a couple more in the next three weeks. Usually could expect to get one heavy event with 5 or 6 inches of heavy wet stuff before the end of the first week of april, but with the weather the past few years, who could predict what?! lol.

20. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I haven't put my plow away yet...but I do feel that we have seen the last of winter. We may see an inch or two in the next 2-4 weeks, but that is probably it. We'll see if Old Man Winter proves us all wrong. It's been a great first year...thanks for the help and comradery! :waving:

I'm looking forward to breaking out my :cool: and soaking up the sun!