1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Plow Question?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Local Touch 1, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Local Touch 1

Local Touch 1 Junior Member
    from ohio

Whats up guys. Just a quick question about a snoway plow. I bought a 95 dodge ram with an 8 foot snoway plow on it. It is the clear lexan with the down pressure system. Is this an altight plow to be on the truck. It is a very good plow. The only problem I had with it was a loose wire, whick took me 2 seconds to fix. Thanks for the info guys.
  2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

That plow is fine on that truck. Although from what I've heard snoways aren't as structurally tough as other brands of plows. However every plow has it's limits, just make sure you know the limits on yours and you'll be fine with that setup.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

They are great plows.They aren't quite as strong as some of the bigger plows,but will work fine.

Change the fluid anually with the recommended Univis oil,and clean the filter when you do it.

Keep an eye on all the welds,and the centre pivot area.They tend to collapse in the centre pivot area and tear the entire bushing out of the quadrant.Also watch the mounting areas for the pump mounting plate,as they tend to crack as well.
  4. myo

myo Senior Member

The great thing about snoways are the down pressure for back blading... Hope everything works well for you.