1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Noob question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sjarrell, Oct 20, 2009.

1. sjarrell

sjarrell Junior Member
    from CT

Good all, I have been on this forum for a few years and I have a question to ask. I currently plow mini-storage sites and I require salt and a snow blower on my truck. I run an F250 PSD with a Curtis plow (with wings) and a snowex 1075 Pivot pro. I usually have a pallet of salt in the back along with my ramps and a snowblower. So my questions is this, I am looking at the saltdog 1500 model vbox. I go thru at leat one full pallet of salt everytime I go out. So if I move to the vbox then I have an issue with my snow blower. So I was thinking of fabing up a mount that connects to the reciever and the stake body mount and hangs to the right of the salter shoot but above the spinner. This way I could still carry my snowblower but it would not effect the salter. I started designing it up and I can easily fabricate it but does anyone think this would be a bad Idea? Backing up I will need to be aware that it is there but Other than that it would suite my needs. And I am not cheap, I do have subs working for me but we split up and are pretty far apart so one snow blower on his truck will not work for us. If anyone else has done something like this or has Ideas I would love to hear them.
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Remove your passengers seat for the winter and put the snowblower in the cab.

Haha but in all seriousness, its an idea that is somewhere on here, its listed on there somewhere, had pictures too.
  3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I am assuming that the snowblower you are using is a large 2 stage unit because you need ramps. I would suggest getting a smaller single stage like a Toro Powerlite (40 lbs.) that you could strap on top or on the side of the spreader.
  4. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

Keeping it on site? Maybe, I dont know what else you need it for. Or like he said get a smaller one to make it more "useable.":waving: