1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another non working plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bigdan, Dec 17, 2007.

1. bigdan

bigdan Junior Member

Guess I will jump in with my plow problem- My motor will not turn when I give the plow a command. It spins when connected to the battery with jumper cables, but not when I jump the solenoid (the voltage at the solenoid is fine). The ground should be OK. I ran a seperate ground to the frame of my jeep, and the motor will spin when I only jump the motor with the positive battery cable. I have gotton the plow to work by futzing with the 2 small pin wires on the solenoid, then the plow works fine till disconnected. Then, once the plow is hooked up again, the motor will not work and I go throgh random futzing with wires again. I looked at the schematic and I wonder if the pressure switch is not working properly. Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

Dan

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You mention that if you jump the solenoid the motor will not run but you do have 12 volts arriving at the solenoid. When you send a command with the controller the solenoid should engage allowing power through it. Sounds to me as if the solenoid is bad.