1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another newbie v plow question

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by tpiper, Jan 14, 2010.

1. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

i bought a new 8.5 v plow and had it installed at a local dealer got it back yesterday. anyway the guy who installed it went over it really fast and was not real clear on a lot of the things. the main thing is how to take plow off truck. i have read my manual and done the procedure as shown on back of plow but when i back up the stand will not catch and plow will not come off truck. what am i doing wrong? should the stand be put down before i lower the plow or can somebody enlighten me on how this should be done. :realmad:

2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

tpiper

I don't remember what the book says but here is how I do mine. Pull up on a level surface and push the float button. The light will turn orange. I leave the ignition on, walk around to the front where th brackets connect to the lift cylinder. I stand on this bracket. You can feal the plow lower and lock. Then I throw the locking lever into the unlocked position, drop the jackstand put in the pin. Then I disconect the wiring and back the truck up. Hope this helps.

Dennis

3. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

thanks for the reply. thats basically what i am doing excepting for the standing part. my garage floor might be too slick. i will try it again in the morning i must be doing something wrong or holding my mouth wrong. will post my results

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Your floor might be alittle slick, I put grease on the top of the forks on mine.

5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Putting a little grease on the forks helps out a bunch or trade it in for a real plow like a Western or Boss! Good luck.

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just noticed you aren't compressing the lift cylinder? If not it will be alittle harder to get off but you will be pulling your hair out trying to get it on. If you don't compress the lift cylinder the rack will fall forward and aim the pockets skyward making it real fun to put on. If this happens pull the truck up to the plow hook up the wires and put the plow in float, then push the rack up and compress the cylinder.