1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another "newbie" here!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Arc Burn, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, been kickin though here for a while and just registered,tons of info here,i own my own welding shop in new york and plow in the winter for the last 6 years,nothing like it,it's the best!can't wait to talk to 75 and someothers here about welding and of course plowing!Any of you guys runnin the Boss 7.5 V-plow?I plan on putting one on my 99' Chevy half ton to replace a 7.5 fisher.I've heard lots about the bigger ones but not the 7.5,thanks for the help and THINK SNOW!
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Welcome to PlowSite, Arc Burn. Thanks for your post. I didn't realize Boss made a 7.6 V-plow so I went to check it out. Looks like it would be an option for most 1/2 tons. Weighs 860 lbs.

Still not sure I want to put a Boss in with all this Fisher stuff. But it's nice to have options:waving:
  3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Mark K
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

C'mon guys, offer the man a beer!:drinkup:

Arc Burn, where in NY are you?
  5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Welcome to Plowsite Arc Burn,

as Pelican requested here you go! :drinkup:

Have another! :drinkup:

Glad to have you join the ranks!

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the brews boys!Pelican,I'm from deleware county,about 30 miles south of Oneonta,or about an hour north of kingston,how close are ya?
  7. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Welcome to the site Arc Burn

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: by the way since I don't drink these are soda pops.

8. Ben

Ben Member

Welcome to the site the guys have great info. They have helped me qiute a bit.:drinkup:
  9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Arc Burn, I'm just outside of Poughkeepsie, not too close. Real nice country up there, though! I looked at a place in Canojaharie (sp?), it was really tough to turn down.
  10. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

welcome Arc Burn :waving:
  11. KcAreaFF

KcAreaFF Junior Member

Welcome aboard, Arc Burn!:waving:
    Let me know how that V-plow works on your '99 1/2 ton.
    Here's to the snow!:drinkup: