1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another newbee!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Plowin fool, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Plowin fool

Plowin fool Junior Member

Hey guys im new to this forum and just moved to Chicago from up north ( I know but my wife had to take this job) I am picking up some good plowing accounts for my one truck but know seems like im getting more then I can handle so I got a good deal on a 2008 GMC 3500 dump and I would like to put an under the tail gate salter on it. Problem is I dont have central hydraulics, anyone know of an electric salter or something with a power unit?
    So far I love the information I have been reading here, you guys seem to really have it together.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome and try reading the "ice control" forum.
    There are all kinds of electric sanders.
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Your a plowin fool but never plowed? Strange

Snowex makes an electric spreader. Im sure others do but I happen to be reading thier catalog while waiting for my truck to get done being serviced yesterday.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's right,he's a fool for getting into this business!!!
  5. Plowin fool

Plowin fool Junior Member

Thanks guys. Stroker I have plowed before, I have 5 years under my belt, its just that I have always been a 1 truck company, now that I am in Chicago I want to expend it some. I am a newbee to this site not to plowing.
    I will serch the ice control forums and see what I find.

Thanks again
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

OIC. Well like I said, I know snowex has what your looking for