1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another new member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MK97, Oct 9, 2013.

1. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, been reading for the last few weeks on this site (seems to be the most complete all around). Figured it was finally time to join and have a couple questions to post up in the proper areas as well.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite, look up Buff I know he from your state & he knows the deal with the way things are in Colorado. ps we all like pics :)

3. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

I'll look him up.

I'll throw up a pic of the new rig. Should add the yellow stripe will be gone soon. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea. :dizzy:

Still adjusting to having a gasser truck again. Got it to save wear and tear on my F350 and it being a CCLB isn't ideal for some of the small lots we do. Turning radius of a city bus isn't as efficient. :laughing:

[​IMG]

4. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Vintage 250.

What year is the 250 and make of the blade, welcome to pLowsite.

5. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

96 F250, ECLB. Nothing special, just a 4x4, 351W. Runs strong though.

Plow is a Northman 7'6" commercial series. Hydraulic setup which I am currently troubleshooting in another thread.

6. BC Handyman

I like the yellow stripe, only prob is it shows the box isn't inline with cab, other wise I like the look, as for the yellow grill...not a fan.

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome ... yellow stripe and your truck and you of course!!!!

8. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Paint will definitely be getting done this weekend. Getting everything mechanically sound has been priority.

Paint wont cost me work...well unless it is that offensive to someones eyes. :laughing:

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Easy does it BC.....my worldly knowledge comes at a cost payup LOL

Wasn't this truck posted on Denver or FC Craiglist a couple weeks ago. I remember seeing the Northern with teeth.
    Between the yellow stripe and teeth on the blade you could have an advertising scheme going on, it's just a matter of captializing on I. Maybe a slogan something like "Yellow Line Plowing, we'll take the bite out of winter 24/7".
    Are you on the Front Range, North or South of Denver? There's a great bunch of guys on the Front Range and we meet a couple times of year for lunch as a group which leads to networking among other non work related topics. You should buzz over to the Colo Weather thread and get an idea of the cast of charactors.

10. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah it was the one on Craigslist. Spent a week truck and plow shopping. Put 870 miles on my truck in a week looking at equipment before deciding on that one. It's in good shape except for the fact no one seemed to know what ujoints were or that they need to be replaced from time to time. It fragged a rear ujoint on the way back up. Wound up towing it with my F350 65 miles. Has all new joints now and is nice and solid.

We are in the Fort Collins area but have a contract going as far south as 104th. Will hop into the Colorado thread as well.

I like the idea of turning it into a marketing ploy. May have to ponder this some more...

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So would it be safe to say you took the pic when you got the truck home, it would explain the tow strap tucked under the blade........

Good a northern guy, not many on here that I'm aware of. So when you say to 104th do you mean North Denver, thats a heck of a ways to go. I'm west of Berthoud and run south to Niwot/Gunbarrel.
    With you in the F/C area maybe we can meet up in Loveland in the near future for liquids and solids (beer/burger).

12. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah that was the next morning since we got it back at about 0100 that morning. Was a long night.

Didn't plan on going to 104th by choice but one of my customers offered me a 17 store contract, so I do what I need. I'd work a street corner if it would pay well.

I'm open to meet whenever you have time. Never hurts to have some good contacts. Well that, and being the sole employee of my business makes me fairly anti-social. LOL

13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

On the Colo Weather thread there's a guy named Stang, he works the Thorton area and I'd say he'd be a good guy to get to know. He may even be able to help out as needed and has a good bead on the labor pool for shovelers.

I'd say out of the population there's only a single didgit percentage I'll socialize with, the rest can become coyote bait for all I care.:D

14. BC Handyman

15. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

I'll give Stang a shout, I am assuming with his name we will get along (I'm a Ford guy).

I'm the same dealing with people. Hell I may stick raw meat to them as bait if they really annoy me.:laughing:

BC - if that's all it takes, then I should know everything he knows in a night. I have some killer grill skills and plenty of beer. :drinkup:

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

17. RoLaPo

RoLaPo Junior Member

hi! im new too!

18. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Ugh....:rolleyes: