1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another new guy!!

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Radguy, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Radguy

Radguy Member

Well I'm new to the pllowing scene. So you guys have any info for me? I'm looking to plow small residential driveways. I just bought a 94 Toyota with a 2002 Fisher minute mount plow 6.5ft. I paid $4,000.00 for it. Not a bad deal huh:cool: Is there anything I can add to the front suspension to stiffen it up a bit, that's fairly inexpensive?

Well here's a pic with out the plow on. I'll have some more pics this winter.:cool:

raddadstruck.jpg

2. Radguy

Radguy Member

Well I just found a post about Timbrins...what are they exactly? All they look like is a taller bump stop?:confused:

****EDIT****

Well I just found this site www.timbren.com

So I now know what they do exacty. Is there another brand or another type of product like this?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

A Timbren is an Aeon rubber spring,to help the suspension deal with the extra load of a snowplow.Do a search on Timbrens,lots to read.

4. Radguy

Radguy Member

5. Radguy

Radguy Member

A new pic with the plow

truck1.jpg

6. Terrasnow

Terrasnow Junior Member
    from NY

Is that a light duty plow for the Toyota, or the standard duty? Do you know the plow model # and/or how much it weighs?

7. Radguy

Radguy Member

I'll get you that info tomorrow:cool:

8. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

its the light duty plow and yes timbrens are just one big bump stop but their hard as hell so they dont squish like bump stops do they actually work

9. Radguy

Radguy Member

Well we had our first storm 12". Plowed 8 customers plus myself. Works good. I just need to clean the electrical connectors a bit. But all in all a good couple of dayspayup I wouldn't mind having 3-4 more customers thoughpayup :D

10. thannigan

thannigan Member

Radguy-
    Those are some nice bikes there in the tacoma. Looks like a suzuki 2 stroke? I have a honda 230. How far are you from Newburg NY, or Westchester County?
    I'm just over the border from Port Chester, NY in CT and am always lookin for a new place to ride.
    TIM:drinkup:

11. Radguy

Radguy Member

Actuall those were my buddies bikes. But I do have a bike, but it's a 2000 R6. And I don't ride it the way it was intended to be ridden:nono:

****notice the throttle hand****:D

dsc00013.jpg

12. sammy33

sammy33 Junior Member
    from montana

Nice Radguy! 4000 G for the truck, not bad. I put a set of Timbrens on my Silverado and found there well worth the money. Ordered them from www.truckspring.com

KTM owner myself.

More snow please......

Great board.

13. thannigan

thannigan Member

wow radguy thats awsome:waving:

14. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

never mind the throttle... better check that rear tire... looks like it needs about 30 lbs put in it

:D

15. Radguy

Radguy Member

Thanks guys:D

I run a low air pressure to help keep the side to side wobble to a minimum...I can roll a wheelie to a stop so it has a tendency to fall to the side.

Wait until you see it on the ice:bluebounc :eek:

You can check out our site at www.rollinrednecks.com for more cool stuff on bikes:dizzy:

My son raced a pw50 last year and finished 4th in his class....he'll be running a ktm pro 50cc this spring....those are some awesome bikes!!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003