1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another new guy with problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nhfish, Feb 26, 2013.

1. nhfish

nhfish Junior Member

2006 fisher xtreme v, Been lurking here for a couple years and always solved issues but really could use some help and hate to beat a dead horse, but I have no choice with snow coming tomorrow. Here's the issue, thought it was a wire harness, wasn't getting ground, had to wiggle the wire to get controller to activate, replaced, controller stays activated. Removed reservoir tank and changed screen and fluids, adjusted settings on plow frame. Plow raises hard like it dragging sounds like it's binding, thought maybe bent ram but not the case. Seems to hang up when using, like a dead spot in the motor. Drop plow back drag a little and plow functions through all controls, still lifts hard. I thought there was a automatic shutoff on the controls, meaning if you held it all the way up it would stop running motor after say 3 seconds, it does not, can hold up and it continues to want to run motor, not that i practice this but trying to diagnose problem. Have a new solenoid but I don't believe there is anything wrong with the one on the motor, tightened all wires, checked coil wires, seam fine. Going to go pick up worker and try testing the coils for magnification per my lurking instructions. Checked all fuses good, fluid good and new with screen,new wire harness truck side, new controller no different then the other. Motor/pump works great on all angle functions, one side of v moves faster then other side, and again hangs up, no function while using say every third driveway until i push against a bank or back drag a few feet. Any ideas what I should do next. Hit craigs list thought I'd get a replacement temp plow for this vehicle but locally all three wire or 4 port i have the two wire three port iso so here i am. Any help would be appreciated,if there a plow guru in central nh that has a garage or would travel I'll pay and turn the heat on for you. Closest to me is keene and there full.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

So what is exactly wrong with your plow?
  3. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

Id say start with bleeding hydraulic system. One of mine stopped in down angle position. I took the fill screw out and air shot out with some fluid, sky high. it was fine after that.
  4. nhfish

nhfish Junior Member

Plow when raising sounds dry at mid to full ram, nothing binding that I can tell. Right wing out works on first joystick control if i stop in middle of motion and use again it goes in opposite direction. All functions occasionally stop except down, I need to drag the plow around for a brief moment and then all functions return, but still have the aforementioned issues. Bled the unit although didn't think it was needed with the relief valve, but did it a couple times any ways.
  5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Sounds like you are low on fluid. With the plow down and wings retracted, make sure it is topped off.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the wing control on the fish stiks moved the opposite direction every time you press them, let go, and press them again. Sounds like that part is working like it should.
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

They should jb same as western.