1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another neat skid loader plow mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Jan 10, 2008.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

2. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Good for some guys maybe, but I know I could make one for way less.

3. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Looks like he does a neat job, and if you cann't weld, then price might be similar to having a shop build one. Doing it yourself with all new material should be less than $250.

The hydraulic hook-up really should have adjustable flow control valves or the power angle is likely to be way too quick. A cushion cross-over relief would make it complete. Add another $150 - $200 for these & hose/fittings.

4. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

That chain will jump off-skid loaders have alot more movement in that area-you need to bolt the chain on. Also, a skid loader can exert down pressure why not use that feature.
    I do on my skidloader plow

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I made my own plate this summer and I actually had more money stuck into the couplers and hoses than I had into the steel.

6. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Not anymore. I bought steel this weekend to make a bumper for my new dump truck. I bought what is called "Useable Drops" It is steel that has already been cut from the long piece and then what is left is sold. It is up to $.95 a pound. Last summer it was $.65 a pound.

Still under the cost for an already made bumper.