1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another meyers problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mstring, Dec 16, 2005.

1. mstring

mstring Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have a older E47 meyers plow. My problem is it wont hold a angle it moves up down left right but just wont hold angle I'v replaced c valve hoses and the works. If i tighten the left cylinder packing nut down tight it wont move at all. Been working on this for three years about to give up HELP..:help:
  2. FordPlow

FordPlow Junior Member

My stepdad had the same problem as you!! All he did was changed the fluid in the whole system and made sure he got all the air out. He has not had a problem so far in 3 nights out since Thanksgiving. Hope this helps.
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Could be the crossover valve bad. This will release the angle if you hit something. I have always seen the crossover seize up and not allow angle to release which can ruin the C valve. But, It could have blown seals that won't hold any pressure...
  4. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

5. mstring

mstring Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks to all. I'v tried suggestions but nothing yet. I'll keep working on it thanks again.
  6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Are you losing any fluid????Rob
  7. mstring

mstring Junior Member
    from Indiana

No doesn't seem to be losing fulid.
  8. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Where are you in Indiana? I would like to try to help. I would bet it is the crossover stuck or blown. It is adjustable.
  9. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

with plow hooked up, drive into loading dock or sttep street.

turn plow left and hold 2-3 seconds after full angle
    do same for the right.
    pull out and see if plow is still mushyleft to right,
    is yes replace cushion relief valve.

p.s pay to have someone replace it, there are approx. 16 tiny parts to make it work properly. good luck.

i do them all the time and it still sucks, good luck, PT.
  10. mstring

mstring Junior Member
    from Indiana

ta3834bbl I'am just south of south bend.Thanks
  11. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I agree, that little item is a P.I.T.A. !