1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another light problem series 24 plow and f150

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jjcc246, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

I have a 24 series sno-way on a 2007 f150. this plow has been on 4 trucks starting in 2000. When i switched to a 2005 the dealer had to put a differant harness in the truck. I did the switch over to the 2007 myself and everything went smooth. The ony problem i have is the plow headlights don't work. If i put a direct 12v to the plow lights high and low work fine. The turns work fine when plugged into the truck but no headlights. When i plug in i don't get the relay click so i assume it's the relays, i did clean the terminals and put the electrical contact stuff on them but it didn't work. The relays are 8 terminal Potter-Brumfield (792s11d22-12). Before i go spending the big buck (we're in a recession) does anybody feel this might be the problem or should i be looking eleswhere. If you think the realy is the problem what should i expect to spend and where is the best place to purchase them. I have a dealer close by but they like to do the install of parts at about $80 an hour. I did do a search on the forum but the only guy with the same problem had no resolution so far. thanks in advance.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you said "relays," you have two?

do you have power going to the relays?

is the harness properly grounded?

Do you know the part number on your exsisting harness? It should be on a tag attached to the harness, or maybe on the receipt from the dealer.

If there are two relays it's odd for them both to fail.

Will check back.

3. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

i do have power to the relays, (yes there are two) the harness is grounded as stated directionals work without plow attached to truck just plugs connected. i don't have the harness number the tags as well as the little number tags on the relays have long fallen off, but i did marked the wires with hash marks to determine what number they were. the relays are wired properly. looking at the relay and the two seperate terminals facing up the wiring is as: left side from bottom to top 2,4,3,0. Right side bottom to top 6,8,7,1 i don't know if it makes a differance but on this system, when the headlights did work, they didn't come on until the passenger side plug was connected. I have some notes here and i have a light adapter number as 99100642 and harness as 99100529, but i'm not sure if that is what's actually on the truck. let me add that the last time the lights worked was on my 2005 f150. i did the harness hookup myself and everything connected to the 2007. what i never checked was if anything was differant on the 2007 than on the 2005. i marked the wires as the came off the '05 and connected them the same on the '07.thanks

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The harness is correct, The adapter should be a 99100655, the mount is a 99100642. The curious thing is the factory lists one adapter (99100655) for the 99100529 harness but there is a choice of two for the EIS:confused:both H13 bulbs and there is no clarification as to which which is which and why.:D yeah I'm confused too. I'll get some answers for you , because now Curious minds want to know;)

5. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

basher, i found the receipt for the change over from the 2001 f150 to the 2005 f150. the harness is 99100529 and light adapter is 99100655. this are the ones i have installed now on the 2007. thanks

6. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

Found the problem. Check the wiring diagram and after overlooking the obvious ten times I realized the the brown wire on the passenger side is NOT a ground. I hooked it up to the parking lamp where it's supposed to be and presto, we have lights. Let it SNOW.