1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Joke

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gt_racer50, Feb 24, 2005.

1. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Another joke of a storm. It snowed for over 9 hours here in Central Ohio, and we got maybe 1/2" as soon as it got daylight, everything melted. We'll probably do a little salting tonight as the temp is only going to get to the upper teens. Bring spring on it this is all it's going to do for the next couple of weeks.

2. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

i heard 1-2 yesterday and we got absolutly notta.

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yea, it just skimmed south of you guys. It looked big on the radar, however it amounted to nothing other than another big news seller or subscription seller.

4. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

Yeah i hear where your coming from. Here in Franklin County it was just another tease with only a little salt on select lots in the morning. I had heard 2-4 the night before!

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Dirtwork,

I am here in Franklin county too. I am in the Grandview area. Where are you located at?

Gt racer, like I said earlier to you I was up 5 times last night checking and I could have slept the whole night without bothering to get up. :sleeping: :cry: :cry:

JP

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  6. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

Young Pup,

I am located in Blacklick near Gahanna, pretty close to you it sounds. Do you do any work on this side of town?

7. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Dirtwork,

All of my accounts are west of 1-71. But I know where you are at. I have some relatives that live out in Reynoldsburg. By the way welcome to Plowsite.

JP

8. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

yep it stinks they were calling for 2-4 in the hocking hills and we got it but i didnt stick to the lots,roads,etc. :( :confused:

9. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I am tired of mother nature teason me over the snow here in Kentucky. We get about 8 inches right before christmas.I get caught with my pants down with no equipment. I have to go out and rent a bob-cat to take care of all my accounts. Mid January, I go out and spend $4,000 cash on a new Western plow. Brought it home and put it straight in the garage. There it sits from that day, still brand new, never used collecting dust. I guess it will set there until next winter and maybe get some use then. I hope. Im just ready for the gra :gunsfiring: ss to start growing again so I can make some cash....

10. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

I am begining to consider selling my plow, getting a nice new tree stand, and taking the whole winter off :nod: