1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another headlight problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by woody79, Dec 7, 2008.

1. woody79

woody79 Junior Member

This is what I got. 99 Ford F-250 7.3 with a 8' Utramount Pro. When I got everything hooked up the headlights stayed on, on the truck and wouldn't switch over to the plow. Now after messing around with some connections the truck lights go out, but no lights on the plow. Also with the lights on low beam the high beam indicator on the instrument cluster in the cab stays on until I unplug the plow connections. Then the truck lights work. The parking lights work on both sides and the turn blinker on the passenger side. Driver side turn blinker doesn't work, but I already figured out how to fix that. Also I have 2 relays. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

Is your light harness made for your truck specifically or are you adapting/home made?

3. woody79

woody79 Junior Member

The harness is for my truck. I checked all the wiring on the truck side again and I'm possitive it is correct. I connected a test light to my negative terminal on the battery and touched each wire on the headlight (plow side) and the test light come on on each terminal. When I wiggle the 12 pin connector I can hear the relays click. So I'm thinking the harness on the plow has a short somewhere.

4. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

If it's doing that you must have a bad connection somewhere...i'm not a mechanic but thats what i'd check for...good luck bud!

5. woody79

woody79 Junior Member

Well got the lights fixed. The numb nuts that sold me the plow gave me the wrong wiring diagram. thanks for the help.