1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another headlight problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by EmeraldMeadows, Jan 21, 2015.

1. EmeraldMeadows

EmeraldMeadows Junior Member

Just installed my boss harness on my 98 k1500. Everything went together nicely, but when I went to check the head lights I have a problem. When I turn drl on they work fine. When I switch the head lights on I hear a pop my dash lights dim and then it goes through a roataion of pop dim lights. Btw the headlights are not coming on. I also now have a green light on my dash that looks like a headlight but I cant figure it out

2. EmeraldMeadows

It is actually when I switch the high beems on. I am mechanicly minded, not good with electricity

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have 4 or 5 relays in the BOSS wiring harness? New Plow? Used Plow?

4. EmeraldMeadows

Used plow new harness 5 relays. Havnt hooked plow up yet.

5. maxwellp

6. maxwellp

Did you have the key on ( run position ) when you tested the headlights?

7. EmeraldMeadows

Are you talking about the dual burn wire? Or the headlight adapter. I have both correctly installed. It may just be the light control switch

8. EmeraldMeadows

I have tested it in on and while running. When I switch the high beems on it sounds like a bad switch cycling on and off

9. maxwellp

The Dual burn wire and the Figure 24. Vehicle Option Connector / top of page 14

Are the relays buzzing on the plow wiring?

10. EmeraldMeadows

After the third time going over everything I found a reversed conector. Tada high beems. Thanks for the help

11. maxwellp

You did it not me. I just made you look. No problem. :)
    :mechanic:

Thumbs Up

12. EmeraldMeadows

After the third time going over everything I found a reversed conector. Tada high beems. Thanks for the help