1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Fisher angle problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by b2driver, Jan 19, 2005.

1. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

I've done a search and tried everything I could find related to my problem. I have an Electric Pak Fisher 6.5' on my truck. It goes up and down fine, but doesn't angle. I disconnected the angle cylinders and squeezed out all the fluid thinking it was bad....which it was mostly. Now that I have them full and the resevoir full, it still won't angle. I have the proper 45 degree rotation on the cables. I adjusted the lift valve to see if that would help. I can angle it back and forth by hand when attached or unattached. This makes me think the fluid is not being kept in the cylinders and getting by a valve somewhere. Any ideas on the problem and how I can fix it? I've plowed my driveway with it as is, and just get out to adjust when necessary. That's no fun.

Thanks in advance fellas.

2. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

Nobody has a guess? Come on, help a brotha out.

3. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

we just had an angle problem on an older fisher.Turned out to ne old dirty cylinders.put on new ones and it has been great.

4. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

clean and test s2 valve :nod:

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

No S2 valve on a cable pump partner.

How did the packings look when you had the cylinders apart?Does the motor run when you angle the controll?