1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another eBay " find "

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

POS plow

Snowsport!! POS, I could make one for $10 by going to Lowes and getting a piece of OSB and straping that to my truck with a comealong:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

LOL
    ~Nate~:rolleyes:

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

its a toy plow for a real truck.

Jay

4. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

what happens when the snow starts coming over the top?? guess you have to get out and start shoveling.....lol

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

It says that it is "stylish". I guess im sold on it now.:D

6. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot Banned
    from MN

these things are made a couple towns a way from me. i've seen two people with them. one was a guy that sells them and the other some lazy rich person. they SUCK!

7. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot Banned
    from MN

this is for real the web site is solotec.com/ thats a MINI VAN if you can't tell

minivanf.jpg

8. casey

casey Banned

A friend of mine who plows some res. north of the city has lost about 15 accounts to customers that purchased SnoBear's when they stated selling them in the local Wally World. He's got 3 back, one was a 73 yr. old lady who put one on her CRV.

9. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

What was that old lady thinking???

Was she drunk?:drinkup:

10. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I saw one of those Snowsports going the opposite direction on the highway yesterday! I wondered what the heck it was...

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

i wouldnt be surprised to see one of those snowsport plows strapped to the rear of a rice rocket like a wing.

LOL

Jay

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I've seen those snowbear plows at Lowes, they aren't very heavy at all. I dont think they would have enough downward force to clear to the pavement very well. let alone back drag a driveway....

13. a palustris

a palustris Member

I had stopped in at the local truck body dealership the other day to ask for directions. I saw one of those junk plows there in the show room, right behind an X blade. At first I thought it was a pull plow, but now that I see that picture I realize what it is. I had inquired if they sold Blizzards.. they said simply "why would you want to buy a Blizzard?" and then insisted that I buy a plow from them, because they are local.

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I viewd the video at the 'snowsport' website. Its pretty humorous, next thing you know people will have them things on their preludes and civics, lol. In the summer the civic owners take the blade and strap it on as a wing like Jay said, then when winter rolls around they take the wing down and push snow with their "fast" pocket rockets. :D :nod:

15. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I too have seen those plows at my local Diamond/meyer dealer. This place will stock anything they get their hands on :eek: .

16. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

yup

everybody has a pickup with plow or personal plow , utility trailer, lawn tractor with leaf vac setup, air compressor, framing nailer ,brad nailer , staple nailer, impact wrench , pressure washer,and so on and so on .........I guess it just progress ?????
    and " I WATCH ALL THE SHOWS SO I KNOW HOW TO USE THEM " you will hear them say

17. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Hey that auction ad is a howl! Did you bother to scroll down far enough to see three humanoids riding an elephant? What's the relevance other than perhaps one of those dumb blades is attached to it's trunk? That would move some snow but at a slow pace! Remove snow, spread salt from the riding pulpit, and shovel elephant crap on your way out!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW, the ad claims the following:
    So, is it safe to assume my kindergarden son could attach it in 30 seconds?

18. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Jay, you ever go to the berlin tpke on saturday nights? Some of those ricer wings could definately be used as plows. Some of them are HUGE!:eek:

19. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thats the truth and its the same way in meriden some of those Rice Rockets could be contracted out to do city streets if they mounted them damn pointless wings on the front end.

Jay

20. Snowshow

Snowshow Member

I just can't belive that contraption. I noticed that they posted their location from Los Angeles. I wonder where they spent all of their R&D time with that plow? Last time I knew, there was no snow in LA. What a joke, waste of time. Just another trick to get the consumer to spend hard earned dollars on something that won't work. Personally, I like the v-blade on the mini-van. I got a good laugh.

Hay, what gives with the elephant riders?

Jim

Last edited: Dec 20, 2002